When purchasing a piece of jewellery for yourself or a loved one, you want to choose the best piece – it’s something that symbolizes a relationship that will endure or a special moment in your life. Platinum is 30 times more rare than gold, is naturally white and will endure many lifetimes. To find out why the world’s most precious gem stones are set in platinum and much more.
10 Thinks About Platinum You May Not Have Known
Bottom of Form
- Platinum, a highly valued and desired metal.
- Has a wide range of uses, including jewelry, catalytic converters, electrical contacts, pacemakers, medication and magnets.
- Because it is rare — there are only about 5 parts per billion by weight in Earth’s crust, according to chemicool platinum tends to be very pricey, as anyone looking to buy a platinum wedding ring might discover.
- It is extremely resistant to tarnishing and corrosion (which makes it known as a “noble metal”) and is very soft and malleable, making it easy to shape; ductile, making it easy to stretch into wire.
- Platinum is unreactive, which means it doesn ‘t oxidize and is unaffected by common acids.
- Platinum is one of the transition metals, a group that includes gold, silver, copper and titanium — and most of the elements in the middle of the periodic table. The atomic structure of these metals means they can bond easily with other elements.
- It is also one of the densest elements at 12.4 ounces per cubic inch (21.45 grams per cubic centimeter), a little more than 21 times the density of water or 6 times the density of a diamond
- Melting point of Platinum is 1768 Degree C and boiling point is 3825 Degree C
- In year 1780/’s King Louis XVI of France declare Platinum the only metal fit for king. His Jewellers Marc Etienne Janety fashions sevelral platinum picece for him including an Ornate sugar Bowl.
- Platinum is Celestial Metal- only a few deposits of Platinum where left behind after a Meteorite Crash to Billions year ago i.e how rare & precious Platinum is, so its only fitting that you grace, Your beloveLoveit;s hand with a Celestial Metal’ that truley a piece for heaven.