Emerald Stone (Panna)
Emerald or Panna is a naturally occurring green-colored precious stone belonging to the Beryl mineral family. Gemstone experts differ between Beryl and Emerald on the degree of green that makes the former less expensive than the latter. Colored stone dealers consider a stone green Beryl when its color is “too light” for classifying it as Emerald. Vedic Astrology considers Emerald one of the most reputed gemstones worn for success in career, business and education. Columbia, Zambia, Ethiopia, and Brazil are prominent dealers of Emerald gemstone. The gemstone associates planet Mercury (Budh), and astrologers suggest wearing the gemstone to eliminate the negative impact of planet Mercury from an individual’s horoscope.
Who Should Wear Emerald Stone?
According to Vedic astrology, the Emerald stone represents Mercury, eliminating weaker Mercury’s negative influences. Indian astrology assigns the gemstone for Mithun (Gemini) and Kanya (Virgo) Rashi. However, Western astrology recommends Emerald birthstones for Cancer. Moreover, ascendants of Taurus, Libra, Capricorn, and Aquarius are also eligible to wear Emerald.
How to Wear Panna Gemstone?
- Weight of the gemstone: The weight of the Panna gemstone must be at least 1/12th of the body weight. Hence, if a person weighs 60 kilograms, he needs to wear a 5-carat Panna Ratna.
- Color or the gemstone: For receiving the best results, astrologers recommend a bright green Emerald. Alternatively, you can also wear natural untreated Emerald in lighter shades.
- Metal: Gold is the most preferred metal for wearing Emerald Ratna. However, in exceptional cases, you can wear it in other metals such as silver, platinum, and panchdhatu.
- Finger: Wearing Emerald on the little finger or the ring finger of the working hand gives you the best result.
- Day and Time of Wearing: It is best to wear the gemstone on Wednesday after sunrise.
Benefits of Panna Gemstone
People across the world wear Emerald as a fashionable jewel stone. However, in eastern countries, it has a great astrological significance that makes the gemstone more popular. Emerald has varied names, Parnaya, Budh Ratna, Pachu stone and market Mani in India, and Smaragdos in Greek.
Refined oration and communication
Vedic astrology considers the planet Mercury or Budh as Vaani-Karaka. Hence, people suffering from low confidence and speech-related issues benefit highly from the gemstone and perform better in their social and professional lives. If you work in sectors that require communication, such as PR, Media, or Mass Communication, you will benefit highly from wearing the gemstone.
Ideal for intellectual, financial, and creative ventures
Since Mercury rules intelligence, Emerald Rashi Ratan improves the wearer’s comprehension, memory, and reasoning skills. Hence, astrologers highly suggest Panna to people working in finance, bookkeeping, banking, share market, and trading sector. Panna Rashi Ratan offers great benefits to people engaged in creative ventures.